Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The price of peace.......$169.99




I am still a little sick that we paid that much but we were desperate. I have been lucky to have really good natured babies (except when Bailey when she had ear infections) but this little boy not so much. He cries when you put him down for a minute. I have had to let him scream while I try and make meals or help my other kids. He is happy as long as you are holding him and holding him how he wants to be held. We have a bouncer and we discovered last week that if we had one of the kids sitting behind it rocking it he would sit in it. SO I did try and be thirfty and looked for a cheap used swing. They were still kinda of expensive and i didnt even know if he would like it so i decided to go buy one and then I could just return it if it didnt work. The cheapest swing that I could find was 70 bucks... I couldnt belive it but if it worked oh how it would be worth it. It didnt work... the swing went too fast and he screamed worse in the swing then out of it. We returned it and noticed this swing, this very expensive swing that rocks slowly from side to side and vibrates and sings and even mimics sounds from the womb just to list a few of the features... now most of these things I could care less about but it looked like it might work. But could I adjustify spending that much no. jake had the last three days off with me and I left him with the baby and he came home with the swing yesterday for me. He said yes it is worth it if it works for peace and our(my) sanity. SO we tried it out and it has been wonderful so far I have had a shower made meals for my children and even read stories to them at night without the screaming. But yet I still feel quilt so I called the store and asked how long I had to return it and they told me 90 days. so I at least can have 90 days of peace right...

1 comment:

Lori said...

He's so cute! I'm glad you found something to help him be happy. It's worth whatever you have to pay!