Saturday, September 5, 2009

"Sew" Long Farewell......

I made this shirts with fabric paint and freezer paper so cool






allyssa's bandana blanket, pillows and I even made curtains .... I bought over 60 bandanas (Not for this but I have made 4 blankets with all of them so cute.


I dont know I got 2 pics on here but I cant get it off




In the past few years I have started to sew more and more... and I am getting better and better at it. Nothing I would ever want to sell or make a profit at to my husbands disappointment. He thinks that I spend enough time and energy on my sewing projects I should start a bussiness hah!!! I am not a good enough or patient enough sewer. I don't take time to read patterns or pin fabric I just love to sew you know with all the guidelines. I would much rather throw away the fabric then unpick AUGHHHHH!! I hate to unpick, although I did recently buy an unpicker... maybe I am growing a little in this area. Anyways, my projects have always been and will be for my family and loved ones.. Because there is NO REFUNDS on LOVE right and they havent complained so far. I miss my mom and wish that she was here to see me be so domestic I think there was doubts of that when I was a teenager. I still laugh when I sneak a little sewing on sunday (I cant help it sometimes) and remember her telling us that if we sewed on sunday we would have to unpick it with our nose. Anyways.. what I am trying to say is Goodbye to my sewing machine for a little bit (Maybe a month or 2 weeks, well at least 1 week) because I have lost my balance. I have no idea how much I have spent on fabric except I love it. I wish I could make my own fabric. Yes, I sound a little obessessed I think. Jake is constantly picking strings of my clothes, oh boy I sound sad don't I. Before I say goodbye for a little while I wanted to show off some of my projects I am proud of... hey family let me know if you want to order something you know like in a few weeks.... :)

4 comments:

Brown Family said...

Hey there, thanks for the shirts and the frames. I love them and the kids love their shirts. They fit everyone. I love your sewing projects. I can't wait to come and visit you(hopefully) and do projects with you.

Karli said...

I have just recently started sewing too and I LOVE it! Fabric prices kill me though! But still, so much fun. Everything looks so great!

Amanda said...

Cute pictures! Love the bed in the closet...so fun! Your kids are so darling and whta the heck..when did WE grow up and become Mom's?

Take care!

Lori said...

Way to go on the sewing! I've tried a few things and it didn't turn out so well. :)