Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Long Distance Dad

Jake's fridge in Roswell covered with all the cards and letters we have sent while we have been home..
i think he misses us too.

I have done pretty good while Jake has been gone, I miss him like crazy and can't wait he is here to help with  the fanastic four. But it has been a learning experience as well for me. I have a wonderful, wonderful husband that does sooo much for me. While he has been gone I have had to pick up his slack like you know take out the trash, :) (well, I try to make Josh do that one), feed the dogs and take them on runs, change the fire alarm batteries (which I have NEVER done and it only took me like 6 hrs to get them all changed and stopped beepin), even taking Z's carseat out and harnessing back in. all simple things that my hubbie does without me even asking) The other things I have had to do alone that were a little harder were bullying issues with Josh and another boy at school, red spots somewhere he didnt want to show me and I didnt wanna look ... Jenny crying and wanting her dad and our family back together hysterically. Two bunnies dead.. (died while we were in NM) 3 book reports, homework, homework, homwork, fighting, fighting, fighting, a crying baby.. going grocery shopping with all four children and the looks of pityand hatred of other shoppers. I have SURVIVED!!! Yeah, but this week I broke down. I had put the baby to bed and remembered something (wont tell u what but COULD NOT go with out) I needed a the store. It was past 8pm and I decided to leave Josh in charge and run quick.. so I gave Josh instructions and made him PROMISE to keep the girls quiet and left. I wasnt even gone 5 minutes when I remembered my purse at home. So I turned around to go and get it.... I walk in the house and Josh was sitting on top of the girls in a dog pile and they were screaming (happily but screaming) I had HAD IT. I told Josh he was fired and I picked up the phone and called Jake put it on speakerphone and informed everyone Dad was babysitting while I was gone and to be quiet!! so thats what they did.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

So sorry you are having a rough time without Jake! It sure makes you appreciate those guys more when they are gone for a while, doesn't it? Hang in there and I hope you guys will all be back together again soon!

Becky Peterson said...

You are stronger than you know!!! And you remember the song "I will Survive" Find it on Itunes and play it when you need it:) Love you!!!

Cameron and Amy said...

Oh man, that's no fun. I know what it feels like to be a single mom and it is HARD!! You sound like you are doing great though. Does he come home this month? You'll make it!