Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lottery ticket

It's here. Our ticket to move North. The question is.... do I (we) want it? When we joined the BP we thought we would only have to be in Arizona for 3 years max and then we could transfer to a BLM job back in Utah or go to Washington State where I begrudging left as a junior in High school and ALWAYS wanted to go back. 

Not so... we have applied and applied but nothing. We have now been here in Arizona for 7 years this month. I have gotten to really enjoy the weather and found  good friends, finally gotten the kids into a wondferful school that I really dont want to leave, have close cousins just two hours away and there are so many things we havent gotten to do and explore here yet.

 I DO like living here.... But... We have always half- heartly lived here  and thought of it as meerly a stepping stone and I am done feeling that way. I want nothing more then to feel  SETTLED!  It scares me the thought of completly starting over someplace even though that is what and where we have always dreamed of going and doing maybe I'm not as adventurous as I once was.
The transfers have opened again and Jake is going to put this name for some washington stations, Idaho and a montanta station. This is it though our last chance If we get passed up  again we are done and we are going to  SETTLE DOWN AND BECOME REAL ARIZONIANS.. with both feet in the state :)

I'm excited for the answers that are coming.

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

I am rooting for Wa, pray hard, that is all I have to say.