Monday, December 13, 2010

Up A CRICk

Doesn't he look RESPONSIABLE....

So.. I did something scary this week.... but I was UP A CRICK (hence the title) no judgement please...
I let Josh babysit Zane.( He will be 11 next week rite) Oh, How I stressed over this. I HAD to be at the kids school to volunteer on Friday night and Jake got called out on a detail and I could not find a babysitter..
It just happened to be the ward Christmas party that night as well so I really was having a hard time finding anyone I knew. Josh keep telling me that he COULD do it. I was taking the girls with me so it was going to just be them. And Zane would only be awake an hour or so after I left... so I started to consider it while in the back of my mind trying to think of how I could possiably get out of this commitment all together..
 So all week Josh practiced.. He changed diapers( even poopy) and fixed Zane's sippy cup and tucked him into bed everynight (with me right beside him) but I wanted to make sure  he could do it.
 I went back and forth and back and forth and stressed and stressed about it and was ready to take the crap from the PTO ladies and cancel on them but Im chicken and thought maybe I should give it a try so ...I made sure I had a friend on notice that lived close that would be able to drop everything and run over if he needed her.. and I left.(GULP)

I called to check on him every hour... and which he started to just answer the phone " RESPONSIABLE OLDER BROTHER SPEAKING"  which made me laugh and relax a little and when I got home all was well. Zane was tucked in sweetly and when he woke up the next morning I ran to get him and he held his arms out for me to lift him out ...and then demanded for his "JOSH" and looked around for his brother.
... my sweet boys oh how I love them.. but I dont think it will be a regular occurance until Josh is a little bit older but I am grateful that they love each other and I think they always will. Maybe 9 years is a good age gap after all.

No comments: